Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Green Monster Spinach Smoothie


It's getting a little hard not to notice the Green Smoothie trend.
My sister made one over Christmas, but my mother was apprehensive. "It's green!" she exclaimed, even though she is probably one of the biggest health nuts I know (she refuses to use cell phones, much less buy one). Though that bar may have been passed down to my sister (green-smoothie-drinker-marathon-runner-extraordinaire-you know, that sort of thing).
Regardless - thanks to Kristin at Iowa Girl Eats and Pinterest (again), I unexpectedly found myself on top the green smoothie bandwagon when I fell in love with this "Green Monster Spinach Smoothie." It may be green, but it certainty doesn't taste it!

Notes: For a sweeter smoothie, try using vanilla soy milk. 


Photo by Kristin at Iowa Girl Eats

Green Monster Spinach Smoothie

Serves 1
Ingredients:
1 frozen sliced banana
1 Tablespoon peanut butter
1/2 cup 0% Vanilla Chobani Greek yogurt
1 cup Unsweetened Vanilla Almond Breeze (or other kind of milk)
4 cups baby spinach (or more, or less)
Directions:
Combine all ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth.


1 comment:

  1. I'm not a smoothie person but may have to try it.

    ReplyDelete